So Many Ideas

I'm at work and I can barely contain myself - I am bursting with ideas that I got from the quilt show last night. I had so much fun! Let me tell you all that even if you do not like quilts, but you enjoy arts and crafts, I highly recommend going to a quilt show. 

They had sooooo many booths with all kinds of goodies like antique laces and linens, cross-stitch, jewelry, and lots of quilt!  The best part of it all, most booths offered kits you could buy that had everything included you would need - fabric, needles, thread... Ahhh, it was heaven. 

The quilt show also had an antique section where they displayed antique quilts. That was probably my favorite part. We were not allowed to take pictures of these antique quilts. I wish I could have so I could show you how amazing they were. Some dated back to the early 1800s. Can you imagine doing all that work by hand?! I was in pure awe of it. 

There was also a section for the award winners. 

This quilt comes all the way from Japan!  It was made by Fusako Takido and it won the Founder's Award.  All I can say is it looks even more beautiful in person.




This quilt is called Inner Beauty, by Cathleen Miller. It won first place for the Merit-Quilting Hand award.  I love how it's a simple design, yet so intricate. The inner circle is designed after a Victorian ceiling medallion.



I'm not sure when I will have time to start working on a quilt, but I have added it to my "Projects To Do" list.  I decided, however, that when I do have time to make one, I will start with something much smaller and very simple. 

Other ideas I got from the quilt show are table runners made with appliqué. Here's just an example I found online.  I would love to this type of table runner for the major holidays, like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I think it would be a fun and cute way to decorate the house.



Also, there were these little hanging pillows made from Mill Hill designs and I am IN LOVE. They were so adorable. These were cross-stiched with a touch of sparkle, courtesy of beads added throughout the desing. Absolutely charming. I have every intention of doing these and they have also been added to the list. :)

If you want to find out more about the Quilt Show in Houston, here's a link. Like I said before, I highly recommend going. The show will be on until Sunday, so if you get the change stop by! 

And just as a last note, I would like to thank my mother-in-law for taking me. Debbie, I had so much fun! Thank you!!!  

xoxo
Calu

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails