Quilt Rack

I feel so relieved! This weekend my husband and I managed to finish the quilt rack. It's ONE item off of my projects list:

1) Refinish quilt rack
2) Refinish and re-upholster rocking chair
3) Finish a crochet scarf
4) Finish a cross-stitch pillow
5) Organize photo albums

YAY! Originally the quilt rack just had a stained wood finish. I love the shabby chic look so that's what we went for with it. We bought some ivory color spray paint and sprayed two coats all around it for a smooth finish. After the paint was completely dry, we lightly sanded the quilt rack to make it completely smooth and we also lightly distressed some parts of the quilt rack, mainly the edges.

I was a little hesitant with the distressed look. I like it a lot, but I'm not sure how to correctly distress a piece of furniture. So we were very careful with it. I think that if I later decide I want a more distressed look, I will go back and sand some more, but for now I am sooo happy with the results.

Here's how it looks.



I'm thinking that one day it will be a perfect addition to a baby's room ;-) But for now, I am happy with having it placed by the couch so it can hold the blanket we keep in the living room for those cool days.Now that I have the finished quilt rack, I should really start working on a quilt for it...



Also, I have started to work on my cross-stitch project again. :) I'm hoping to have it finished by Thanksgiving. I know, you all must be thinking, Thanksgiving?!?! That's still a long time away. But with school and work and everything else, a month actually doesn't seem like a long time to me.

xoxo
Calu

1 comment:

Janaina said...

Calu, eu nao consegui ver o "distressed" look.... e... vc tem q tirar foto da frente da tua casa com as aboboras e update aquele post! :P

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails