Halloween Front Porch Decoration

This weekend I finally got to finish decorating the front porch of the house for Halloween. 

A few weeks ago I started to gather some ideas for what I wanted to do and as always, I go to one of my favorite person's website - the one and only Martha Stewart. Isn't she great?! Here's a link to her website.

I wanted to do something that wasn't too orange, so I went with black.  I chose to do this black wreath and put up silhouettes of some rats and a cat. For the rats and cat silhouettes I transferred the template over to black cardstock, traced the outline and cut. :)

I was trying to go for a spooky feel, so hopefully it didn't turn out too morbid.

Here's an overall picture of the front porch. You can see the silhouette of the cat and the rats! Also, the black wreath and a dead tree.



Here's a close-up view of the door. You can see the cat better - I guess you could say he's spooked by the rats running along the window sill.  But now that I think about it, it's really the other way around isn't it? Rats are the ones that are usually spooked by cats. =/



And here you can see a close-up of the "dead tree". I picked up some dead branches from my mother-in-law's yard, bought a $5 flower pot from Wal-Mart and some soil. I spray-painted the pot and branches black and stuck them in the pot with the soil. =) I think it turned out pretty good. I wanted to add some rats running along the tree but I think that with the wind, rain and bad weather, it's best to just wait until it's closer to Halloween.




Also, I do plan on adding some pumpkins to the front porch. I'm thinking white pumpkins instead of orange.  But since we are in Houston where it's still pretty warm for fall weather, we have to wait until maybe the week of Halloween to put them out. Nothing worse than coming home to rotted pumpkins on your front porch.

So that's pretty much it... I will post updated pictures the week of Halloween when I have the pumpkins out so you can see the 'finished look'.

Happy Halloween Decorating!

xoxo
Calu

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails