It's Been a While

Since I have updated the blog.  With school and work, I haven't found the time to sit down and write. But now with only two finals away from being free until next semester, I can finally catch up on all that's been happening.

First, Thanksgiving. Yeah, I know... It's almost Christmas but I will talk about it anyway :)

We spent Thanksgiving at our house. My mother-in-law and brother-in-law came over. My brother spent Thanksgiving with his girlfriend's family, so in all there were only four of us.

Jeremy was in charge of the turkey. We also had dressing, broccoli and parsnips, bread rolls and of course, sweet mashed potatoes with marshmallows on top.  Here's what our table looked like:



For desert, we were a bit untraditional and didn't make any pies. Instead I made a pavet. It's a Brazilian recipe I have. Jeremy swears it tastes just like tiramisu. One thing we agree on, it's really, really good. =)

I'm very proud of our first Thanksgiving at home. It was simple and we managed to have everything ready on time. But most importantly, it was delicious. :-)



No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails