Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend.

As promised I am updating some the blog with some projects we've actually been able to finish!!
 
We got an old library card catalog from my mother-in-law. At first I thought of using it in a craft room. I thought all the drawers would be great for storage. But since I don't even have the beginnings of a craft room, we decided to use it in our dining room. 

Here it is in the garage all taken apart ready to be painted.


We painted the old brass hardware a fresh coat of stain nickel.


And Voila! Here it is in our dining room serving as a perfect place to store all of our booze! =) We stored wine bottles inside the drawers. They were the perfect size!

 
And just for grins... here's another picture of our dining room! 


Jeremy and I did all of the chair railing and picture molding and painting. Well, he did most of it. I mainly watched and measured =) I know these are not the best quality pictures but I didn't have any others with me now. Since our house is up for sale now, I took these from the realtor's website.

I loved working on this project =) It goes to show that a piece of furniture can be much more than just an old card catalog.

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails