Rooster Towels

On Monday I stayed home.  We had a very busy weekend and I just couldn't pull myself together enough to get motivated for another long day at work.

It was wonderful!! It also amazed me how much I could get done if I stayed home all the time.  I guess it would probably get old after a while, but since that is not the case right now I really enjoy it.   I did some laundry, organized and began some new projects!! This just to add to my constantly growing WIP pile, but hey it was fun :)

I went to Hobby Lobby for a little inspiration and found these really neat stencil cutouts of ROOSTERS!   I've been having this rooster obsession for a while now... started last year when we got these glass roosters at an auction in Rosenberg. Then a while later, I went to the Houston Quilt Show with my mother-in-law and a friend where I found these super cute rooster fabric that I made into a hanging quilt. 


Unfotunately, this is the only picture I have of it. I took it with my phone so it's not the best quality but you get the idea. This sits over the fridge.

For Christmas, that same friend, bought me a rooster ornament and a rooster cutting board! She's the sweetest lady.  

I guess you could say our kitchen has a rooster theme to it now.

I digress... back to Hobby Lobby and the rooster stencils.  


I found this stencil and I thought it would just be perfect to go along in the kitchen. I got me some paint and brush and went home ready for some DIY craft!


I plan to cover-up the purple stripe with some super cute trim that will add more of a country theme to it.


I thought about getting new kitchen towels but then decided to go along with what I have. The kitchen towels we have now are at least an year old - they have stains and tears and wear to them. I convinced myself there was some charm to it. Jeremy is always telling me how things don't have to look perfect or look like a page out of a catalog - afterall this is our home and we live in it: kitchen towels will get used and will get dirty. It is OK and I will survive.  :)

 
Here's my assembly of towels. I have more towels to stencil but I think I will do them in a different color this time. Maybe a red, brown or green?  I can't decide.


The towels are drying - per the isntructions they have to dry 48 hrs.  I hate the wait!! I'm washing them tonight and hope to add the trim to them by the end of the week.  Can't wait to see what they will look like in the end!

Happy Hump Day everyone! :)




No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails