It's "Official" :)

Wow, where does the time go?
Can't believe last time I wrote a blog post was in June! I keep telling myself I need to do a better job at updating the blog but what do you know? Life always gets in the way.

So what have I been up to these past few months you might ask?

WORK WORK WORK

During this time I have squeezed in two trips to Mexico and one trip to China - a very long trip to China... More on that someday. All three trips were for work which means they were no fun at all.  

I have also been working most Saturdays that by the time Sunday rolls around I'm so pooped I don't want to do anything but lie around in the couch and watch TV. It has become a lazy habbit and I am trying my best to break away from it and start getting things done around the house!!

One major thing however that I did manage to get accomplished was to spend more time creating things with my mother-in-law, Debbie. We have really tried to put things in high gear and make it a top priority to get this little side business going. It is so exciting and such hard work but it is totally worth  it.  That side business is now called "Cherubim Creations" =)


Few months back Debbie heard about the Home for the Holidays Gift Market in Galveston at Moody Gardens.. We decided we would sign up for it and give it a shot!  It really was a great way to have a goal and deadline - we knew the show was coming up so there was no getting around the excused for being too busy. 


Here are some pictures of our booth at the show:
Stockings
   
Christmas Angels

Stenciled 1776 Pillow and Americana Pillows

Vintage Linens, Hand Embroidered Towels and Crochet
 
Stenciled Pillows
 
Pillows Made out of Vintage Linens

Our booth set up the first two days



The show was definitely a learning experience and Debbie and I have found out that for now we should probably stick with the smaller gift markets held in places like churches and small towns.  We meet great people and got to hear some great advice from some more experienced vendors who have been doing this for a while. 

At this show we were told about the Mary Queen Catholic Church Bazaar in Friendswood and that it was a really great venue for vendors like us. It took place the following weekend so Debbie and I hurried and signed up for it.  Confirming our thoughts, the Christmas Bazaar was a much better fit for us.  We had lots of fun and did a lot better in a smaller venue. 

Now Debbie and I are looking for our next venue and continue to work on our inventory.

I have a few things going at the moment...
We are now also "official" with our very own Facebook page!!:)
Check us out here and stay tuned for more updates. 

Love,  

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails